Koha is an open source Integrated Library System (ILS) used by libraries of all kinds: public, educational, special, corporate and governmental. It is used by thousands of libraries around the world.
Koha's sophisticated modules include:
* Administration/ Management Facilities for Special Library Operations
* Online OPAC
* Robust ataloguing system (MARC-based, supports Z39.50, with the option to fetch entries from Libraries Australia directly)
* Circulation system (including self-checkout option)
* Acquisitions, Budgeting & Serials Management
* Library 2.0 facilities (tags, suggestions, Amazon & Google's book jackets)
We added: A-to-Z e-list for your Electronic Journal Collections / Integration with e-library
We can import from MARC format records or other sources (for example from a spreadsheet or a tagged export file) through a range of conversion / import functions we developed that allow us to merge different data sources and avoid duplication of bibliographic items in the resulting catalogue.
Some of the Koha Library Systems we implemented in Australia are shown below. THOUSANDS OF LIBRARIES AROUND THE WORLD ARE USING KOHA.