The safety of our members is a priority and we have made our web-site as secure as we can. All members' details are stored securely in the database and only the members' intended travel information can be accessed by other members. When it comes to travelling, EVERY MEMBER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS OR HER OWN SAFETY. However, we do recommend that members follow some simple security measures outlined below:
- Avoid exchanging home addresses with your travelling companion before you meet them.
- Arrange to meet for the first time in a public place.
- Inform a friend or family member of who you will be travelling with, when and to where.
- Make sure you see each other's Identification - student card or driving licence - so you know that you're travelling with the right person.
- You are under no obligation to go ahead with any car-share arrangement. If you have any doubts about your travelling companion, for any reason, then you don't have to travel with them.
- It is your responsibility to check that the person you are sharing with has all the legal driving documents, such as driving licence, car insurance, MOT and car tax.